I’m not actually a sweets person. Or, I wasn’t, until getting pregnant. I never had a problem passing on dessert, forgoing the wedding cake, or craving ice cream. Lately, however, I’ve been all about it!
I had what can only be described as the best cupcake of my life at a friends gender reveal party, and we’ve gone to Bostwick Lake Inn twice this summer (yes, for the Brussels sprouts and BLI Cheese sandwich), but also for the incredible monster cookie dessert: a skillet layered with brownie, ice cream, two monster cookies, and topped with chocolate fudge and whipped cream. It was incredible.
This past weekend I found a super simple recipe on Pinterest and decided to recreate the monster cookies and whipped cream at home.
16 oz peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, room temperature (8tbsp/1stick)
1 1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4 1/2 c old fashioned oats
2 tsp baking soda
1 c chocolate chips
1 c m&m’s
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees f
2. mix peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar
3. add in eggs and vanilla
4. add in oats and baking soda
5. mix in chocolate chips and m&m’s
6. scoop dough into balls and lay on parchment paper on your cookie sheet
7. bake 12 minutes, press down on center of cookies with a fork, then bake for an additional 6 minutes.
Top with whipped cream and/or ice cream and enjoy!