I wanted to take advantage of this summer now that my work schedule had changed. Suddenly, “weekend” was a term I too could talk about, enjoy, and best of all, plan for.
I wanted to spend time under the sun and soak in every last bit of light in the evenings. I wanted to eat good foods-local, flavorful, and even some I grew in my own garden. I wanted to enjoy a lot of time with friends, possibly as the last summer before we enter different chapters of our lives. I wanted to push myself with personal goals and most importantly, I wanted to laugh a lot.
My adage this summer was simple: “No day is truly over if it makes a memory.”
These are the memories I could relive again and again.
1. Camping //Petoskey, MI. May, 2014.
2. 4th of July Canoe Trip //Crystal Lake, MI. July, 2014.
3. Holland Day Trip //Holland, MI. June,2014.
4. East Coast Trip //Boston, Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard, MA. July, 2014.
5. Wine Tasting //Leland, MI. August, 2014.
6. Jim’s Birthday Getaway //Chicago, IL. June, 2014.
7. Hiking // Rocky Mountain National Park, CO. July, 2014.